I have developed technical skills and competences in information and system security at different levels of activities:
- Research activities with publications in international conferences and journals;
- Research and management of technological development activities as participation to several EU co-funded projects;
- Evaluation of research results for international conferences and journals;
My research activities have been driven by involvement in EU co-funded collaborative RTD projects. Please refer to section Projects for a summary of my activities and results per project (chronologically ordered) with references to publications co-authored.
- Scientific evaluation of project proposals in Horizon 2020 of the EU.
I have experience in managing partner-specific work in collaborative projects. I have been involved in technical coordination of local lab activities - Proteus research lab at the University of Malaga - regarding participation and delivery of technical work for several EU projects: FP7-CUMULUS, FP7-ASSERT4SOA, FP7-OKKAM.
I have gained experience in delivering results under strict deadlines and strong inter-dependencies to other activities. I learned to adapt and meet deadlines in changing conditions when taking over work assigned to a partner, or when partners delay (or do not provide) contributions, or when reschedule task leadership or efforts, or when dealing with different (conflicting) perspectives.
|Research and Practical Application Interests
- Models of authorization, access control and trust management;
- Security architectures and enforcement mechanisms (with a recent focus on honeypot-based cyber-security architectures and IoT security);
- Security assurance and certification;
Domains of interest: service-oriented and cloud computing systems, federated systems, Internet of things and cyber-physical systems.
- Identity management and privacy.
I have specific technical expertise in:
- X.509 certificate standard both identity and attribute certificates for authentication and access control;
- Public-key infrastructure and privilege management infrastructure (PKI/PMI) for user identity and (entity) attribute management in decentralised environments;
- Federated Identity Management. Technical realisation of Single Sign-On (SSO) concept. Use of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for federated identity information exchange, and X.509 certificates for user authentication.
Project proposals evaluation for the European Commission's H2020 framework:
- Digital Security Focus Area (H2020-DS), Work Programme Year: 2016-2017;
- FET-OPEN - Novel Ideas for Radically New Technologies, Work Programme Year: 2014-2015;
- Ethics screening of project proposals for various calls of H2020 related to Big Data research (2015,2016,2017), high performance computing (2014), and European research infrastructures (2014-2015).
- Computers & Security, Elsevier (2017, 2016, 2015, 2012).
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (2016).
- Journal of Information Security and Applications, Elsevier (2016).
- Service Oriented Computing and Applications, Springer (2016, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2008).
- Security and Communication Networks, John Wiley & Sons (2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009).
- World Wide Web Journal, Springer (2014).
- African Journal of Business Management, AcademicJournals (2013).
- Journal of Zhejiang University Science C, Springer (2013).
- Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Elsevier (2011).
- Future Internet, MDPI AG (2011).
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (2010).
- Journal Of Systems and Software, Elsevier (2010).
- Journal of Internet Services and Applications, Springer (2010).
- Computer Communications, Elsevier (2008).
Program committee member:
- International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy:
- IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security:
- International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence:
- International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems:
- IARIA International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies:
- IARIA International Conference on Advances in Human-oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies, and Services:
- International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Model Based Engineering 2015 (SPIE-2015)
- 3rd International Workshop on Privacy Enhanced Technology and Security Engineering (PETSE 2011).
- International Symposium on Service, Security and its Data management technologies in Ubi-com:
- 1st International Conference on Digital Businesses (Digibiz-09).
- 2nd International Conference on Information Security and Assurance / Session on Security & Privacy in Pervasive Computing environments (SPPC-2008).
- European Symposium on Research in Computer Security: ESORICS 2016, ESORICS 2015.
- International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Research: (ICTRC-2015).
- 8th International Workshop on Formal Aspects of Security and Trust (FAST-2011).
- International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems: ESSoS-2010, ESSoS-2009.
- 5th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT-2010).