I have developed technical skills and competences in information and system security at different levels of activities:
- Research activities with publications in international conferences and journals;
- Research and management of technological development activities as participation to several EU co-funded projects;
- Evaluation of research results for international conferences and journals;
My research activities have been driven by involvement in EU co-funded collaborative RTD projects. Please refer to section Projects for a summary of my activities and results per project (chronologically ordered) with references to publications co-authored.
- Scientific evaluation of project proposals in Horizon 2020 of the EU.
I have a long-standing experience in managing partner-specific work in collaborative projects. I have been involved in technical coordination of local lab activities regarding delivery of technical work for several EU projects. Particularly, for H2020-THREAT-ARREST, H2020-SerIoT, and H2020-YAKSHA as a member of the Cybersecurity lab at ATOS Research & Innovation; and for FP7-CUMULUS, FP7-ASSERT4SOA, and FP7-OKKAM as a member of the Proteus research lab at the University of Malaga, Spain.
Over the years, I have learned to deliver results under strict deadlines and strong inter-dependencies to other activities, and to adapt and meet professional standards even under changing conditions and priorities.
|Research and Practical Application Interests
- Security architectures and enforcement mechanisms with a recent focus on cyber range architectural solutions and IoT security;
- Sandbox-based malware behaviour analysis;
- Models of authorization, access control and trust management;
Domains of interest: service-oriented and cloud computing systems, federated systems, Internet of things and cyber-physical systems.
- Identity management and privacy.
I have specific technical expertise in:
- X.509 certificate standard both identity and attribute certificates for authentication and access control;
- Public-key infrastructure and privilege management infrastructure (PKI/PMI) for user identity and (entity) attribute management in decentralised environments;
- Federated Identity Management. Technical realisation of Single Sign-On (SSO). Use of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for federated identity information exchange, and X.509 certificates for user authentication.
Project proposals evaluation for the European Commission's H2020 framework:
- Digital Security Focus Area (H2020-DS), Work Programme Year: 2016-2017;
- FET-OPEN - Novel Ideas for Radically New Technologies, Work Programme Year: 2014-2015;
- Ethics screening of project proposals for various calls of H2020 related to Big Data research (2015-2018), high performance computing (2014), and European research infrastructures (2014-2015).
- Computers & Security, Elsevier (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2012).
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology (2016).
- Journal of Information Security and Applications, Elsevier (2016).
- Service Oriented Computing and Applications, Springer (2016, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2008).
- Security and Communication Networks, John Wiley & Sons (2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009).
- World Wide Web Journal, Springer (2014).
- African Journal of Business Management, AcademicJournals (2013).
- Journal of Zhejiang University Science C, Springer (2013).
- Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Elsevier (2011).
- Future Internet, MDPI AG (2011).
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (2010).
- Journal Of Systems and Software, Elsevier (2010).
- Journal of Internet Services and Applications, Springer (2010).
- Computer Communications, Elsevier (2008).
Program committee member:
- International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy:
- IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security:
- International Workshop on Emerging Technologies for Authorization and Authentication:
- International Workshop on Security Engineering for Cloud Computing:
- IARIA International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies:
SECURWARE-2008 (Introducing ECOSEC: Ecosystem Security and Trust)
- International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence:
- IARIA International Conference on Advances in Human-oriented and Personalized Mechanisms, Technologies, and Services:
- International ACM Conference on Management of Emergent Digital EcoSystems:
- International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Model Based Engineering 2015 (SPIE-2015)
- 3rd International Workshop on Privacy Enhanced Technology and Security Engineering (PETSE 2011).
- International Symposium on Service, Security and its Data management technologies in Ubi-com:
- 1st International Conference on Digital Businesses (Digibiz-09).
- 2nd International Conference on Information Security and Assurance / Session on Security & Privacy in Pervasive Computing environments (SPPC-2008).
- European Symposium on Research in Computer Security: ESORICS 2016, ESORICS 2015.
- International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Research: (ICTRC-2015).
- 8th International Workshop on Formal Aspects of Security and Trust (FAST-2011).
- International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems: ESSoS-2010, ESSoS-2009.
- 5th International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT-2010).